Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sick Day





My daughter has been sick the past few days.   She has very high temperatures and I have been up most of the night checking on her.   

I used to feel guilty for missing work, or being sick.   Sometimes, if I am honest with myself, I still do.   I just don't know why I feel guilty.   Do I have some belief that I have to be perfect?   That I have to be constantly productive?    Do I believe that it isn't okay to be human, and to have human needs?

My job today is to take good care of my daughter, and to not kick my own butt for missing work.   It is impossible for me to be in two places at the same time, and I need to be home for her.
I have no reason to feel guilt and shame.     I seem to grow in awareness of their constant presence in my life.   It is my hope, that I can notice them, find out why they are there, and then change my thinking so that they are not driving my life.   

So, the life coach cats and I are taking the day off to rest.  We need to all take care of ourselves.  And we can learn to take care of ourselves without feeling guilt and shame for doing so.

Have a great day everyone!

 
Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment